27 March 2020

zip

Actually, a quick story of what happened to my trip to China that was suppose to happen in April:

So obviously I cancelled it.
First because the situation in China was bad, but now it's more like the situation in Canada is bad.

Lots of time was spent waiting for the automated phone system to call me back after leaving my number. For Chase it wasn't so bad, got an estimate of 2 hours, got called back a little sooner. Took a while for the agent to process my request, but ultimately refunded my points without much other trouble. For Delta it was more strenuous, and that's entirely because their automated system was buggy. It would call me back, but once it got to the point that I'm about to be transferred to an agent, the call would drop. Then I gotta call again and be placed in line. At one point the estimated wait time was 31 hours, which I presume is a bug ðŸ˜…. So I actually had to stay on the line...for about 6 hours. But again there wasn't a problem once I reached the agent, and did get my full refund.

I was hoping for some good deals when rebooking my trip for October, thinking that airlines would drop prices since their business pretty much dried up. But that didn't turn out to be case, and I got lazy / didn't want to wait for deals to pop up, so I ended up just using the Chase portal again and using about 78k points for a round trip premium economy with China Southern. Not a great use of points but at least I still have all my Delta points to redeem in the future. I'm also really curious just how mediocre the food is with China Southern, given all the reviews are from non-asian people that didn't order the chinese option. Here's hoping it can't be as bad as Air Canada ðŸ˜…😅

No comments: