12 March 2020

stir

I've stopped taking photos of every new/major dish I make. The lighting during dinner time just makes me sad. A theme is using some spices / condiments that I infrequently reach for but nevertheless have in my stash:
  • Palestinian spinach & chickpea stew (featuring allspice): I felt this was pretty meh but Jeff surprisingly likes it. I don't get at all but I won't question such blessing. 
  • Kashmiri rajma masala (featuring black cardamom): I liked this one much more, such a meaty / umami feel. Will make again, although the kidney beans I got had pretty thick skin that I felt ruins the texture. But shelling out for good beans (pun sort of intended) is not a step I want to take right now. 
  • Pesto pizza rolls (featuring pesto): I've made this before, and both the previous and this time I crammed way too much cheese in here ðŸ˜…
  • Otherwise I don't think this is particularly unhealthy. It also works well with 50% whole wheat flour.
Lastly but certainly not the least, I made some fermented goodies:

This has got to be the most stock photo-like photo I've taken

The little jars are chayote kimchi per Maangchi, and the big jar is preserved lemon. I've been thinking of making kimchi for literal years and somehow my first stab at it is with chayote haha. It turned out pretty well, not as sour as I like tho. I left the red jar alone to see how long it'll take to turn properly sour, will check in another month.

No comments: