22 March 2020

Independent People

This is my third book review to Rui&Ben.

I *finally* finished reading this. It was very unpleasant "orz

The book is well written, I'll also agree that it's a good book. But I had the most unpleasant time reading it. Maybe because its overall pretty bleak? Maybe because I found every character very unlikable? All I know is that I forced myself to finish reading this because the person who wrote the forward liked it more then he liked The Brothers Karamazov and I needed to know why.

Perhaps I'm admitting this is a good book because it left a strong, albeit negative, impression on me. It's also ruined all my previous positive feelings towards sheep. I'll be thinking of this book whenever I come across the idea of sheep now. As stated in the forward, this book is very devoted to describing the activities that happen around sheeps. So perhaps I'm also admitting this is a good book because it is authentic to the lifestyle of its characters.

Let's end with a photo from Fred Tougs that perfectly matches the book:


No comments: