24 April 2019

punch

Summer of salads continued:


A very expensive (relative to my usual ingredient costs) salad of radicchio, endives, manchego, olives, and a honey dressing. The sweetness of the dressing is definitely key in tying this salad together. Each mouthful is great with the slightly bitter greens and the fatty and salty cheese. It would be even better if I didn't fuck up and buy the wrong olives. The recipe calls for castelvetrano olives, which I assumed I could find at Pheoncia. I was wrong and had to make do with whatever's available at the olive bar, which didn't include a plain green olive. Instead I bought a mix of Italian olives, which had 1! one! green olive. The bites of salad with that one green olive was amazing, the black ones are meh, and the red ones are pretty bad. Honestly this salad is like an 8 with the green olive and maybe 5.5 without.


A Mexican themed, super green, salad of cucumber, tomatillo, jalapeño pepper, avocado with a cilantro-lime dressing. Literally every ingredient is green. I knew going into this that the cucumbers are going to release a ton of water, so I did my best to cut off the seeds and sprinkle some salt to draw out some water. But I underestimated the cucumbers, it still released a ton of water waaahhh. I admit defeat, from now on, I just won't meal prep salads with cucumbers.

No comments: