29 April 2019

ancho

Weekend eats:


Finished up my "salad" of the week: chickpeas, potato and greens with cumin, chipotle pepper, and lemon all topped with a fried egg (this gas stove makes frying crispy eggs soooo easy, swoon)

What is a salad exactly? Does this qualify as a salad? My earliest definition would be a mix of raw vegetables, which then expanded to include non-vegetables and cooked components. Currently, I think a salad is an assembly of ingredients that are in a ready-to-eat state already, the only procedure is to toss the salad together. So I would disqualify this as a salad since the components are cooked together (although almost all of them could be eaten prior to the final cooking).




Made some jambalaya, motivated by the sample pack of cajun spice mix that was included in my Penzey's order: Bless that this can be made with frozen / freezable vegetables, so I don't have to watch all the extra veg that I can't finish languish in the fridge.



Also ate out at Cuchara again because I made the mistake of reading about the best moles in Houston on an empty stomach:

Mole Verde

It is indeed very good ;o; I especially liked the refried beans, so good with the cotija cheese on top. Also got some fried tortilla chips (fresh from the fryer!), which had a great corn-y taste. Hoping to come back at least 2 more times to try more dishes.

No comments: