26 May 2019

grace

This week's salad: the good ol' french lentil


Unfortunately I didn't do a good job of making this iteration:

  • Overcooked the lentils. I was being dumb and used my usual timing but didn't account for the fact that I soaked the lentils beforehand. Lesson learned is soaking lentils actually make your life harder. There is a much longer window to achieve the perfect texture when cooking unsoaked lentils. 
  • Mushy vegetable texture: this is more situation than my active fault, as I had frozen celery (so already mushy), really old carrots (somewhat mushy), and cooked the onions first while I was chopping the other two (actually my fault). 
The radish was also more pleasant when chopped smaller than what's shown in the photos, although they look better in bigger chunks ðŸ˜‚

No comments: