07 May 2019

egg

I've not posted about tea for a while. It's simply because I have no kettle in Houston and Atlanta tap water tastes very bad (and the brewed tea tastes even worse). At least my Houston office has a dedicated tap (off the coffee brewer) for boiling water so that my office tea isn't ruined by leftover coffee either. Been going through the yiwu cake I brought back from Chengdu at a good rate. It's a shame that I still haven't tried Floating Leaves triple roasted dongding with relatively amazing Toronto tap water.

I interrupt the lack of tea programming with this tea wheel by Kyarazen (please click through, I feel bad if I upload it here instead).

It stands out for two reasons:

  1. Terminology is like a cross between tea and fragrance...because he dabbles in both.
  2. Functions as a chinese-english dictionary for tea and fragrance. My mind was literally blown by 鲜 = umami. Who the fuck translated umami as savoury in English is waaaaaay off (I did double check the definition of savoury, which google roughly puts as not sweet). 
This is all for now. 
I miss my teapots :( 

No comments: