12 April 2020

Udita

I felt that I needed a tonic for all of the temptation that I'm feeling regarding buying things, and what's better than a documentary about the working conditions of garment workers:


With that said, my interest in clothing is primarily aesthetics, so I can't truthfully say that the sustainability of an item of clothing is my primarily interest. The design will always be most important to me, but sustainability is at least second. As an example, I'll still buy from Aritzia since I haven't an alternative to their designs yet, but for there are many good sustainable alternatives for basics like a neutral coloured cotton long sleeve so I ought to be avoiding Uniqlo or Everlane (their management seems awful to the core, see their fiasco regarding customer support workers unionizing, and surprisingly same for Oak + Fort according to their glass door reviews). I'll be looking into Frank and Oak, which at least is a B Corp. Too bad Kotn doesn't fit me well in terms of sizing, and every other brand doesn't have a physical store near me.

No comments: