04 April 2020

side

So I did figure eyeshadows out as well! Took many hours but alas its done. Thank you to all the internet people that provide good quality swatches.

Initially I bought the Holika Holika terrazzo palette in #dusty, which covers the cool-toned pink-ish colours. Given that I definitely will not be wearing eyeshadow everyday, I thought the most I can reasonably own is a small neutrals palette.
My first candidate was the Innisfree My Palette...system(?). It's pretty affordable, especially if I have the patience to wait to get it in Asia. It has the added bonus of having blushes and contours, and the palette itself also has a mirror, so overall perfect for travelling. But I was simultaneously considering Mac eyeshadows, which won by its consistent high quality at a slightly higher price-point and the fact that it's a Canadian brand. I will probably still get this Innisfree palette in the future for travel if it proves that I do actually end up wearing eyeshadows.

It was suuuuper challenging deciding the colours for Mac because there's simply too many choices. #omega was the easiest, since a lot of the Chinese you tubers use it for contouring. The rest was significantly more difficult since there seem to be more warm-toned people out there who tend to recommend warm-tone colours, and more Western reviewers of Mac that have different make-up style preferences. The overall cost is actually lower than Innisfree since I bought extra E.L.F. empty palettes from many years ago (in anticipation of exactly this moment). But alas I'm still weary about buying without trying the colours irl but covid19 :(

Which leads to the last option: Romand. This doesn't resolve my uneasiness about blind buying, but at least there's more swatches of this on Asian skin and the official product images show how it looks on the eye. It's also the cheapest option and damn the colours are pretty af.

...

Lastly, this Innisfree single (shimmer #30) is actually the prettiest eyeshadow that I've ever laid my eyes upon:
swatch via Jolse

I would not be surprised at all if an all over wash of this is what I'll wear daily. Despite my earlier skepticism that I'll wear eyeshadow daily, if there is any thing that will change my mind, it is this.

No comments: