27 February 2020

lune

I've been on-and-off searching for a "special occasions" bag for a very long time, and I think I finally found entry #1:


It's a longwinded story of how I came across this:
Once upon a time, I was probably reading an article on Die Workwear and the post featured a Korean brand. I clicked through the product link, which went to a US based boutique called W Concept. They mainly stock Korean designers based on my browsing . But the best part is...a very reasonable free shipping threshold to Canada and the item price includes all taxes and duties. Why can't more shops do this??
So when it came to a few weekends ago when I wanted to search for bags, (spurred by Suggy's 2019 bag roundup, I am an easy influence), I went through every page of W Concept's bag listings and found this gem. It's still a little more expensive than what I'd like to pay (~$100, since the cost per wear will be abysmal), but the design has everything I'm looking for.

I still did my due diligence and looked through every page on Garmentory as well. It was quite a rewarding process actually:

  • it confirmed that I have very narrow preferences for bags
  • I narrowly did not buy the Clare V moyen Alice bag that was on sale, which has been my wishlist for a while
  • also found the current most perfect tote too
  • I appreciate the range of bag designs much more, I get why people are bag people now ðŸ˜‚
  • yep I still like the Demaker bag the most, but this abalone shell box clutch also stole my heart albeit slightly less practical (but also versatile!!)
There was over 5000 bags on Garmentory, so naturally I found other brands that are in line with my aesthetics:

  • OAD
  • Audette (they choose the best colours, also more motivation to visit CDMX)
  • Inne (why I didn't end up buying the Alice bag)

No comments: