14 March 2019

rose

I bought Lord George over the weekend and thus began my descent down the rabbit hole:


I made an internal pact with myself that I wouldn't buy any perfume until I got my hands on Ford George, as a pre-emptive control on my spending since perfumes are stupidly expensive. So now the gates have opened... Although I did develop a minor headache, so gonna pause until I'm sure this hobby won't be a health hazard "orz

The Saks at Galleria (otherwise quite underwhelming) has an amazing selection of perfumes, especially the popular niche brands. I spent a long time in store with the SA for L'artisan parfumeur and Penhaligon sampling these two brands. She was very patient and gave me a whole bunch of take-home samples before I even bought the full bottle. Glad she got commission from my purchase, worth the extra $20 in price difference between Saks in store (Lord George isn't on their website for some reason) and Penhaligon's official US site. Will hold off more purchases (really liked Sohan) until I make it to the duty free in Heathrow ;_;



L'artisan parfumeur samples:

  • Venenum
  • Tenebrae
  • Mirabilis
  • Passage d'enfer
  • L'eau d'ambre extreme
  • Timbuku
  • Mandarina corsica
and 3 samples of Penhaligon: Iris Prima, The Duke, and Sohan

...

Actually I lied. Before buying Lord George, I was at Aveda buying hair products and bought their Chakra 3, which is a fragrance product. It smells pretty darn close to their dry remedy line, which I love the herbal-y scent of. Surprisingly the actual ingredients are lemon balm and lavender, which totally doesn't match my impression xD  

No comments: