22 March 2019

room

Backlog of food I've made:

 First lunch in Houston: the always reliable potato salad

Although this version wasn't very good. I could only carry so much grocery home during the first visit so I didn't get vinegar or mustard. Instead I used the pickle juice as the sour component...and it wasn't very sour. The pickles themselves were mushy too :(


 Cauliflower & chickpea masala via Budget Bytes

I liked it better without the cream, but then it won't be saucy enough to dip the fake naan (flour tortilla).


 Hot oil scallion noodles with spinach

Still haven't dialled in the muscle memory for pouring the right amount of oil. So far I've been pouring too much. I blame my dad's influence, and I'll repeatedly tell the story of him using up the remaining half bottle of oil when he visited me for 2 weeks while the previous half lasted me like 4 months. But since going back to China at the end of last year, I've been more heavy on my use of oil and salt, perhaps why (coupled with eating out in America) that I have high cholesterol D:


Curried lentils with spinach and coconut milk via Alexandra's Kitchen

This dish reminds me of something I made often in Bath, although that had sweet potato as well. These 4 are a winning combination.

No comments: