24 March 2019

nose

Went to the Van Gogh exhibit at the Museum of Fine Art Houston today. I did not take seriously the warning that it is a popular exhibit, and was unpleasantly surprised by the crowd that showed up. Roughly waited an hour to get in, which didn't bother me, but it was so crowded and consequently noisy inside the exhibit, which bothers me a ton. The experience aside, the works in the exhibit focused on Van Gogh's earlier works, which I've not seen. Out of what's shown, I was drawn to his wheat field paintings, "undergrowth", and "roses and peonies". I wanted to get prints of these, because they'd be perfect to display along with my future bottles of perfume, but alas most prints were sold out. So off I went to the internet and found good enough resolution of the images (not printing large anyways), bonus for a bit of savings. Something like this:




Back tracking to the start of the day, I had brunch at BB's Tex-Orleans, since I'm not making it to New Orleans any time soon despite being in the closest proximity to the city ever. The half-half combo is the perfect portion size for me, which is such a rarity in Texas:

Fried catfish po-boy with chicken gumbo

and back to the museum.
I was so drained by the end of the exhibit that I just wanted to head home. But alas I persevered onto one more exhibit because of sunken-cost (or rather sunken-time). Luckily, the rest of the museum is serene:

There's a giant screen playing a video of a kitten licking a water bowl in the upstairs space to the left

Will be back to explore the other parts of the museum in May or June. Gotta take advantage of free admission from BoA (y)

No comments: