10 March 2019

19.02 Monthly Review

I've stopped doing my daily / weekly reflections in the last week of February, for 2 reasons:

  • I was stressed (for moving) and dead tired (poor quality sleep) so my limited energy went to...
  • finishing The Wave before having to return it to Atlanta's public library before my move
I don't feel bad for dropping the bulk of my system, because its suppose to be helping my wellbeing and I've come to reassess my goals with it. I set up the system mostly based on the content from the Goal Setting workshop, which is very focused on how you can be a more productive person. Frankly I don't have that much buy-in to being more productive, because I've never not been decently productive. My work is also very structured (a minor civil engineering pun :p ) so I don't need much beyond the Trello board thatI've set up. Then my leisure time outside of work...is leisurely haha, so no focus on being productive. I also have pre-existing systems set up for cooking / eating and clothing / cosmetics, so "the system" is mostly irrelevant. 

So I'm dropping the daily and weekly reflections. I did like the first question in my weekly reflection of "what was the most profound moment that happened this week", but I can easily make a post about that here. It was also helpful at times to jot down my daily wins and challenges, but the majority of days I've stared blankly at my screen trying to fill in the questionnaire. Now this can easily, and perhaps rightly, interpreted as I'm not being reflective enough. But the truth is at this point in my life, that is really not a priority. I'm just really tried and want to take it easy for a while, fall into a rhythm, and enjoy some stability. 99% sure that this lull will stop at some point in the near future (maybe a year or two) and then I'll be energized and motivated and ready to take on a full system. But in the 1% chance that it doesn't happen, well I'll be content with my life and that's cool too. 

But I'll keep the unstructured monthly reflection, and will still attempt an annual reflection at the end. My goals (or most of them) are still relevant and important, so those will still get tracked and reported on...next month :) 

This month is to recuperate by catching up with my youtube and manga backlog (hurray wifi!), and eat some good food in Houston.

No comments: