22 October 2019

wrinkle

Some recent eats:


I don't know why I continue to eat ramen in NA when they don't specialize in shio. This is tantan men from Hakkata Shoryuken Ramen, which is fine, but not shio ramen ;o; Luckily udon seems to be rising in popularity, so I plan on shifting my noodle consumption towards that.


North of Brooklyn has replaced Maker Pizza as my default for some time now, but it's only today that I really appreciated how good this pizza is. The bread is sooo good! The crust has such nice little blisters, but the inside crumb is still pleasantly soft and chewy. The topping is the initial attraction, but the bread is what makes one stay :)


My breakfast staple of oatmeals has a slight change, it's the same base of:

  • oat - ⅓ cup
  • chia seed - 2 tsp
  • hemp seed - 2 tsp
  • water - ⅔ cup
with toppings of:
  • pumpkin seed and nut (walnut default), roasted and tossed with salt, sumac and turmeric
  • honey
  • splash of milk or plant milk
  • dried fruits: my default is dried tart cherries, but it's pricey af so I've switched to cranberries which still maintains a hint of tartness. I've also done dried apple slices with gooseberry jam instead of honey

No comments: