01 September 2019

stretch

This day was a double noodle kind of day.


First up is 炸酱面 from 曼食慢语. This is the second time that I made it and feels like it's much less labor intensive than when I made it the first time. I think the difference is that I rendered a loooot of lard from the fatty portion of the pork belly, hence the reduction was faster (how?) and I was able to clearly hit the oil / sauce separation phase. But alas I put too much sauce in each serving and the dish was too salty 😅

...



Second is a quick stir fry of sweet potato starch noodles...which I wanted to be japchae but the flavour profile didn't turn out to be what I wanted. So after taking the photo I recooked it with some gochujang which made everything better. Shown is also my preferred ratio of vegetables to noodles.

No comments: