26 September 2019

SFP

I started reading Strong Female Protagonist on the recommendation of David and am very impressed by the series. I do have some bias against Western comics since the art style is generally quite jarring to me, but the story and writing of SFP is phenomenal. The beginning is a bit of a slow built up, but from chapter 6 onwards it's intensely amazing.

Some of my favourite panels:



Overall I find there's similarities in tone with Bojack Horseman, another show that I adore yet did not ever write an impression / review of (not watched season 5 yet). In SFP, my favourite character is definitely Patrick, which I like for similar reasons as Princess Caroline. The arc where Alison goes inside his mind induced a lot of feels. Unfortunately the comic has been on hiatus for a year now, so hopefully the final chapter will be worth the wait. 

No comments: