18 August 2019

puff

I'm simultaneously dreading the end of summer (well Dallas was a blast of full-on summer) but also sooo ready for colder weather clothing and food, whoo duality!

I pulled 10 saved images from my Pinterest in anticipation of F/W and grouped them into 6 themes to provide some guidance for how I want to dress in the upcoming season.

Font is Gujarati MT, and I'm sorry to the image creators for not providing credit

Themes:

  1. Wear more of my hats...when/how I've not yet worked out. Toronto's environment is really not conducive to floppy hat wearing
  2. Wear more of my midi skirts in the narrow window of late summer / early autumn. I struggle with which tops to pair with my orange-red silk skirt and to a lesser extent my navy jacquard skirt since I don't like the look of a non-dressy top material 
  3. Not really seasonal, but I'll be back working in an office setting (goodbye glorious days of wfh) so a couple of office inspo is appropriate. 
  4. A lighter color palette for the colder weather. I've slowly been injecting some pastel pinks and lavender into my SS wardrobe, but FW is still primarily dark colours. Not likely to make progress on this for the upcoming season since it involves buying new (expensive) pieces.
  5. Focus on accessories with interesting texture, aka croc emboss all the way. I think my clothes are generally at a point of very diminished returns, so I could think more about accessories. My scarves have ample room for upgrade, and my bags even more so. But bags are very big ticket items, and so far I've not loved a croc bag enough to justify the price considering other financial goals. Another area where I do not expect progress in the upcoming season. 
  6. Furry / plush statement pieces. I still think of the HOPE furry coat that I found around this time last year...so I think a super huggable coat is on my list for this winter. It's probably more practical to go with a teddy coat, maybe one in a rich medium brown that will pair nicely with black. Especially if there is a hood *u* However it's tricky buying such a voluminous outerwear since I'm not that tall. 
An update on my 10 slot shopping list for 2019, I've since bought 2 more pieces to bring my total to 7. I bought a bandeau top from Aerie and a Mickey&Minnie tee from Uniqlo. Currently the remaining 3 slots are looking like a sweater dress, a teddy coat, and another pair of trousers or a pleated midi skirt depending on how frequently I can wear my other midi skirts. 

No comments: