28 August 2019

sheen

On my first day at the new office, while waiting in line to get the building badge, I saw the girl in front of me wearing two nice bracelets. That kicked off a 3 night search for a bracelet that is:

  • rigid, aka a bangle
  • silver in appearance so white gold is fine too
  • has a design that resonates with me
  • from a brand that I can identify with
  • is affordable 
I'm not that familiar with jewelry, so the first night was pretty fruitless as I racked my brains for which stores / brands to search for. I scrolled though every page of big retailer / department store's bracelet category with a filter for silver/white gold. Then I started looking at "high" jewelry on the second night, and that's when I found this:
It's perfect in every criteria...except affordability. The 33k price tag was a bit of a shock, but as I continued browsing I realized that jewelry is just irrationally expensive. But this is also so perfect is every other way that nothing I found afterwards sparked any joy.

Finally on the third night I found this:


Finally a contender that checks off every criteria, although it being affordable means it's also just silver plated. I may or may not actually purchase it, since I got immense satisfaction by just finding it. 

No comments: