05 May 2023

if only you were here

This song reminds me of Solanin and I don't know how to feel about that.


Meaning of love, the touch, the theory of relativity
It all seems so unreal to me
Like a pipe dream in my mind

By the time I grow up, will we ever meet?
By then, will I know the meaning of thousands of love songs?

But love was not a revolution or frustration or catastrophe
Love was you

The way you laughed somehow resembled loneliness
The way you sang reminded me of a glow in this morning's sky
Rather than humans acting thousands of years from now
I'd love to see you laugh with a face no one knows yet

What I don't have, what I don't have
Is what you are made of
You make me who I am
You're gonna laugh when I say this, right?
I wanna see that face even

This heart I used all for myself until the day you came along
You cut in and caused this trouble, a big traffic jam

But then you'd say the word
The very word I needed in this whole universe

Your speaking voice sounded like my mother humming
Your silence made me see the stillness of the night
I don't mind what color the earth be thousands of years from now
I'm laughing with a face no one knows

Hundreds and thousands of times already
You've seen me, you've heard me, but I bet you don't know

"If only you were here, if only you were here"
No matter how horrendous the words that follow may be
I'll embrace those words in my arms
The despair I see with you will shine brighter
Than the hope without you

No comments: