13 April 2022

The Border

I feel that I've read a lot of heavy books lately, perhaps not the greatest idea. 

The Border was frankly also uncomfortable to read, especially when the people are retelling all their sufferings that happened in the various wars and conflicts. The following quotation really hit hard, and is an interesting comparison to the themes of family in previous books:

"Why do we need houses? Why do we need to get married? We need houses to have something to come back to. A house should be warm, it should be a place where you are not cold. Siberia was cold and draughty, and I was always freezing. I never want to experience that again, I want a warm house. And we get married so there is someone waiting, even if you go far, far away, even if you go to prison."

No comments: