02 September 2020

spire

I have two cookbooks dedicated to bread gathering dust on the shelves (I flipped through the pages of one of the cookbooks once, the other is unopened), but I am making some recipes that I've made before. Repetition is highly underrated for cooking. 

Made Honey&Co's bukhari bread (first time was part of a H&C feast). I didn't recall the bread being so dense the first time, it tasted much better toasted the following days.


I thought that it would taste great with a whipped and honey'd ricotta. Having read numerous warnings on the internet about the general poor quality of store bought ricotta (though I never verified this claim), I set to make my own after doing so a couple of times in Bath. Unfortunately the texture wasn't as great this time, a little too rubbery. I'm gonna blame the quality of milk here, even though it's the fancy in-a-glass-bottle organic milk. Makes me nostalgic for the super creamy jersey cow milk that Sainsbury sold for half the price of the organic milk ;o;

Also made pizza again (and will for the third time to use up the tomato sauce and cheese), can you tell the chorizo apart from the cherry tomato? The dough didn't crisp up as much on the bottom this time :( Will try to bake it for a minute more next time, or to lower the position of the rack. 

No comments: