19 May 2020

3-gatsu no lion

I am so ashamed to say that until last weekend, I didn't know the mangaka of Honey&Clover has another series: 3-gatsu no lion. I'm even more ashamed to say that I didn't recognize the art style from volume 15's cover, it was only until I clicked into it and scrolled past the author's name and went "huh this sounds familiar", followed closely by "oh waaaaait it's..!"

Needless to say the series is amazing. I love it every bit as I do H&C. It is heavier tho, so I'm glad I'm reading it at my current age compared to discovering H&C back in middle school, definitely more relatable to 3-gantsu's characters now. To speak generally, I'd say H&C is 70/30 lighthearted comedy vs heavy, whereas 3-gatsu has the reverse ratio.

I'll save the rest of my thoughts for when the series finishes, here's an image representing one of the theme:

No comments: