17 May 2020

poplin

I feel quite proud that I haven't bought a piece of clothing in almost 6 months! The quarantine definitely helps to ease the temptation, for I have definitely not spent less time browsing online.

I was thinking about the overall framework of my wardrobe (yet again) and went down the path of having strict rules for certain categories of clothing, and leaving other categories more to impulse. As an example of the former, I only own black pants, and of the latter, I have a loose trigger for skirts and dresses. Now thinking of tops, and specifically woven tops, I've decided on the following:

  • Button-ups: strict. From hereon, long sleeve button ups will be band collar and short sleeve button up will be camp collar. Materials will focus on silk and linen, with some cotton. Colours and patterns can vary. 
  • Blouses: loose in terms of design (gimme all the romantic & frilly blouses that I can push the boundaries of wearing to office) but only in white.

No comments: