04 January 2020

2020 clothing

Alrighty, let's tackle the low hanging fruit of 2020 clothing next.

Looking back on the limit I set for myself in 2019 of 10 total new pieces:

  1. Everlane double strap block heel sandals - $155
  2. Teva original universal sandals - $45
  3. Arie tie front tube top  - $21
  4. Uniqlo mickey strip tee - $20 (I think)
  5. Leopard scarf - don't recall price, maybe like 60RMB from Taobao
  6. Wilfred jallad trousers  - $60
  7. Acne jensen boots - $280
  8. Yumi Kim dress - $107
  9. Skye jacqueline dress - $154
  10. Skye essie dress - $130
  11. Skye kia knot top - $90

Total purchase cost: $1072

I did exceed it by one and that's ok. I'll subtract one from my 2020 limit to make up for that. Two of my 2019 purchases were impulse purchases, and it was definitely a mistake to not leave some allowance for that. I evidently did not learn from this mistake and planned my 2020 with no such allowance ðŸ˜… On the other hand, I did put in a two item allowance for my trip back to China, namely for JNBY and the taobao shops that I like.

So from my original intention of 8 items for 2020, minus 1 to accommodate 2019 and minus 2 for china, leaves me 5 "planned" items of:
  1. EVERLANE rewool coat - not that I need more coats but that collar & double breasted design *u* This is contingent on me visiting an Everlane store in person, somehow.
  2. MUJI merino mock neck sweater - I'm also super hesitant to buy a new sweater since practically I'll need to get rid of a sweater as my current rotation is more than enough. 
  3. Tapered wool pants for winter - slightly roomier fit so I can wear tights underneath for winter
  4. Loafer: meguire or meermin
  5. Something from Skye since I have store credit 


No comments: