08 July 2019

band

Continuing the high level look at my closet, here's the latest stats:


Some MVPs of the past few working months are:
  • Uniqlo flannel (grid pattern) at 22 wears and $0.91/wear (cumulative) for bit less than 3 years of ownership: makes sense given the season and how much offices blast AC. 
  • Other frequently worn tops are a white blouse bought on taobao (prob my favourite in terms of design and working for both work and casual outfits), thrifted Theory silk shirt (I love my silks...but this got slightly ruined from dry cleaning "orz ), and Everlane striped long sleeve (one of my few fitted tops).
  • Club Monaco black pencil skirt at 29 wears and $0.21/wear (cumulative) for almost 5 years of ownership: similar situation as the Uniqlo flannel, this works for both work and casual outfits. This is my best sales find ever haha, got it for $6 cause of the pricing error. 
  • Other skirts that I wore often for work are my D&G houndstooth wool skirt (saviour during cold weather), Loft leopard print skirt (works for all seasons), and Ships olive linen skirt (my default weekend choice). I also must give a shoutout to a pair of navy ankle length pants from BR, although I no longer like low-rise pants, it did get a lot of wear since it was the only pair of office pants I had in Houston. 
  • Interestingly enough none of my dresses or outerware made it below $1/wear, but I'm going to blame that on when I started collecting data, since I had most of my outerware years before then. I did wear dresses frequently to work, which was my intention. I also finally got decent wear out of my BR cream blazer (18 wears at $4.86 for 4 years) since I just left it at work. I eventually switched to wearing my company fleece since I did feel a little too dressed up compared to others. But I will be extra and dress up the next day after wearing field clothes and sweating to death. 
  • My standout shoes are the Hope Mac boots (105 wears at $3.03/wear for a year) during cooler times, and then between the Everlane modern loafer (97 wears at $2.57/wear for 3 years) and the Adidas stan smiths (69 wears at $1.47/wear for 2 years) during warmer times. I suppose these 3 would be all I need if I was forced to reduce my shoes to 3, but that would not be a fun world to live in. 
and since I still don't feel like writing a reflection for July, this will suffice 

No comments: