16 July 2019

orange

(part 2)
Part 3 of luckyscent impressions:

Altaia Yu Son
A sweet citrus opening, a nice scent for a breezy summer day. The performance is very good for a citrus, can consistently smell it from my wrists and last for a good 6-8hour. The fragrance didn’t change through the day of wear. Overall a solid citrus, slightly unusual featuring the orange.

...

Altaia By Any Other Name
Also a sweet opening, this time with soft, powdery florals. I think the floral mix is rose dominant? The sample vial sprays very well, such a big cloud of fine mist! Unfortunately as this scent settles, the sweetness dominants and becomes too sweet for my preference :( like an overdose of candies flower petals. There's otherwise not much change couple more hour in, performance is decent with regards to projection and longevity.

...

Parfum D’empires Corsica Furiosa
A soft and citrus-ish green opening, interesting! It reminds me of this vegetarian restaurant / tea house that’s located really close to my dad’s apartment in China. Projection is not bad, can easily smell whiffs from my wrist. There’s also soft woody notes in here too. I definitely don’t smell the tomato leaf, but maybe the main note that I’m picking up is the wild mint? Doesn’t smell minty but is similar to the herbal blend in Parterre’s Run of the River.

...

Parfum D’empire Azemour Les Oranges
The opening is like orange plus its twigs. Soft citrus green woody? The orange fruit itself is quite realistic, I’m impressed. The fruit part is more prominent when applied more heavily, whereas the twig / bark aspect is more prominent when applied lightly. (my new testing methodology with these tiny wand samples is to swab one wrist and 2 dabs on the other wrist). There’s a potpourri aspect to it as well, but like a really fine potpourri. I can see myself using it as a pick up in the middle of winter. The texture is like…viscose but clear? Like not sparkling but also not sticky-heavy. I wonder if the twiggy impression I’m getting is the hay notes. It’s definitely getting more woody and a little incense-y after a couple of minutes. I am liking the direction this is heading. I also wonder if my incense impression is from oak moss, cause it smells kinda similar to my chypres. A review did categorize this as a green chypre, which I agree with.

...

Parfum D’empire Osmanthus Interdite
It opens with a tea note! There’s also a sweet floral (assuming this is the osmanthus), and surprisingly a leather note as well? Checking the note pyramid on Fragrantica, holy I am actually on point with this fragrance! I’ve literally never smelled as many notes that match the official description before. I’m still not really a fan of leather, which is more apparent on the dabbed wrist. I do feel slightly cheated that Luckyscent didn’t list leather in their description, because I would not have bought a sample knowing that. Will skip a full bottle.

No comments: