27 June 2019

wrap

I signed up for a challenge of not buying new clothing from June 21 to September 21, which seems doable as summer sales are easier to resist then winter sales. And perhaps anti-thesis to the spirit of the challenge, I am spending some time planning the overall direction of my wardrobe. This is perhaps motived by that fact that I'll be working from home and so can wear whatever the hell I want, which hopefully means I'll dress up to my heart's content rather than living in lounge clothings all day, which is possible since I bought my very first pair of leggings, intending to be dragged to the gym on a regular basis, and they are indeed comfortable.

But back to overall wardrobe direction! I redid the color scheme analysis that I did back in 2015 (that triggered by the imminent need for PEY work clothing). To be honest, not much has changed haha.



The first thing I noticed is that my clothing colours lean cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter...which makes a lot of sense but I did not realize until now. I also noticed that I do actually have a lot of colours (as in the number of different colours, my actual clothing is probably at least 60% white/grey/black).

In terms of textures, my winter clothings are (unsurprisingly) heavy on knits and leather, whereas my summer clothings linens and looser woven cotton. I also prefer patterns on my summer clothing much more than winter.

No comments: