29 June 2019

ding

Last two meal prep of Houston!


A Chinese rag of some sorts: as asian of a dish as I can make with soy sauce as my sole asian pantry ingredient. Cremini mushroom as a stand in for shiitake, vietnamese rice noodles, and surprisingly affordable bok choy from Phoenicia. Tastes just alright but still darn comforting.


A Mediterranean veggie wrap: labne, sun-dried tomato, roasted garlic, zucchini, eggplants and potato with baby kale on pita. It does feel good to eat something healthy after cobbling together random meals since I was in Madison. I had the brilliant idea to par-cook the potato and eggplant in the microwave before roasting them to cut down oven time, and I think it worked wonderfully. The eggplants specifically turned out great, meltingly soft, with less than a spoonful of olive oil per slice.

The random meals I've made previously were a lemon-tuna-parsley pasta, in which I used parsley in vegetable quantities rather than garnish quantities, and a garlic-chipotle-chickpea-tomato stew which I will add some pasta next time to make it my pasta soup.

No comments: