23 June 2019

cleave

I think I've found my ideal two summer "freshies", just in time for my last week in Houston. It is literally a sauna outside right now, I never expected to experience condensation on my glasses when eating a building in the summer -_-

But onto the perfumes!

Thomas Kosmala No. 8 Tonic Vert
This is green alright, but it reminds me of a big, fat green leaf, so there is some heaviness to it as well. If this scent was a knife, it would be a big vegetable cleaver. Still sharp, but with weight. For that reason I wouldn’t wear this in the current Houston heat ;o; Pretty good projection, can easily smell it from my wrists. The official description emphasizes the dryness and bitterness, which is more noticeable when I smell it from a close distance. I can also distinguish the mint note from up close. About 15min in, vetiver comes in strong and the feeling of heaviness goes away. Man it’s a lovely vetiver.

The second day I wore it out for a site visit and was not able to smell this on my neck despite the heat & humidity, perhaps it was too windy? Did notice the citrus opening, which unfortunately is the cleaner variety which i did not enjoy. Will need to wear this more to decide.

...

Thomas Kosmala No. 1 Tonic Blanc
Orange blossom! Well, it’s apparently neroli so I’m not so good at telling the 3 apart yet. So far I do agree with the official description, it’s a dry floral, which is right up my alley. Once this settles on your skin, it looses most of the floral aspect and becomes a sharp aromatic scent, great for cutting though Houston’s summers. Performance is also good in terms of longevity and projection, especially considering this is a fresh scent.

...

Both are very dry, slightly bitter or vegetal, aka perfect for hot, humid hell "orz Furthermore, I think I just don't really vibe with citruses. As much as I enjoy Penhaligon's Matthew, it's nowhere as refreshing as the two Thomas Kosmala scents. Considering the price of Penhaligon's portrait series, and my weird preference of only really wanting one scent per "line", I plan on purchasing full bottle(s) of one or both of the Tonics in lieu of Matthew. 

...

On a completely different spectrum of scents, I definitely did not enjoy Akro Night ;o; It is suppose to smell like bodies after sex and I have to say, the opening is too accurate 😂 it's a powdery floral and sweat. I'm really not a fan of the sweaty smell (the cumin note) so this is not for me. But objectively I'm very impressed.

No comments: