17 February 2019

Roots Baking Co

This is my restaurant soulmate. I would be this bakery/cafe if I was a food establishment, and this establishment would be me if it was human.


Sorry for the haphazard interior shots, I was too embarrassed to leave my seat for photos.


My new favourite grain salad, which was previously occupied by a soy-sesame dressed wheat berry salad made by the co-op that I stayed during my first trip to New York with Jeff & the twins. Mark my words that I will recreate this at home! Although I'm sad to admit that I couldn't identify what the crunchy grain is despite thinking I know my whole grains well.


Got their heirloom grit #7 bread. Their specialty, or point of distinction, is that they freshly mill their flour from heirloom grains (working with Anson Mills, I miss making cornbread with their grits ;_; ).

...

While at PCM, I also picked up my favourite milk chocolate along with a dark chocolate bar to try. Valentine's prep all done.


No comments: