27 December 2018

2018 Clothing Purchases

Not buying clothes doesn't mean not talking about clothes :D

Here's all the clothing that bought in 2018. This time I was smart and wrote this post as the year went by so I did't have to dig through 12 month of credit card statements at the end of the year.
  1. MIISTA Nicole cream gold mid-heels (Jan): aka my default special event footwear since my loafers have passed on and I'll probably never find a pair of Gucci Delphine sandals.
  2. H&M navy skirt (Apr): a midi-length full skirt that keeps its shape pretty well for 8GBP is a good find! Just fancy looking enough that it can be worn regularly but also for special occasions. 
  3. Off/On apron linen dress (Apr): the solution to my lack of summer dresses in UK. This counts as my first online MTO experience? I was surprised that there's no surcharge for custom sizing. 
  4. H&M white ankle-tie heels (May): they look very pretty, that's all. I guess a non-basic heel is useful to have for special events, but this was definitely a want and no where close to a need. Also another fast fashion purchase, oh well I'll forgive myself. 
  5. HOPE Mac Bootin (Jun): been eyeing these forever, and actually do need to replace my old favourite boots, so a much more rational purchase than the shoes above.
  6. Charlotte Olympia Mid-Century Kitty Flats (Jun): this is also a grail purchase, been looking for a pointy toe version of the kitty flats for quite some time and luckily the '18 cruise collection had the style. Good thing the mid-century kitty isn't very popular and the leopard color went down to 46% off on ssense sale which was too tempting not the snatch up even without trying on the size. 
  7. ASOS lilac tank  (Jun): I've regressed to the point that I don't know how to deal with a sunny 27˚C day. A loose tanks should suffice? I'll actually be committed to not buying any fast fashion from this point on. 
  8. Bravissimo bra (Jul): see here
  9. Everlane cotton long sleeve tee (Aug): lured by a free $20 credit, got this for $12 after duties (ugh duties). Absolutely an impulse purchase, but is consistent with my A/W goal of adding some long sleeve tops 
  10. Another Taobao Order (Oct): a beret and a long sleeve top. Continuing the long sleeve pursuit, and a cheap way to try out a beret. 
  11. Lingerie sets (Nov): indulging in my love for lacey things (y) Also because shops in Asia actually stocks band size < 32 in store
  12. La Canadienne Sindy books (Dec): 40% off from Town Shoe's closing sale, I bit. Was set on setting SW's Reserve boots, but this ended up being ~400CAD vs ~600USD and looks pretty darn similar. I suspect that La Canadienne is better quality, or at least designed with awful weather in mind. Bonus points for supporting a Canadian brand?
The clear trend is...I'm buying too many shoes. Welp. Yeah 2018 is definitely the year of shoes.

The total is 12 purchases, which...iuno, is good? is bad? Let's settle for is a benchmark. Later edit: opps I just noticed that I also bought 12 items during 2017, so same performance haha. Next year I'll try to cut it down to 10. I suppose that fits nicely with the french wardrobe challenge of 5 pieces per (fashion) season. It should work with how my 2019 is going to progress, half in Atlanta which might need a couple work pieces and sandals, and then half in Toronto which I'll probably all save up towards the two month long shopping craze that's November & December.

Out of the 12, some are definitely high wear count items (winner: HOPE boots, seriously these have been amazing, best buy of the year hands down) and some are special occasions (eg. Miista heels). I have been tracking my wear counts this year, but not with the same system so I'll refrain from posting those stats. Will most seriously track next year and report back with some seasonal numbers.

No comments: