28 December 2018

rise

Talking about clothes part 2:

I suppose its a blessing that the types of clothes that I like to wear haven't really changed throughout university to now. Middle / high-school is a dark period better forgotten, but I think by university I've mostly settled on a stable "style". I recall writing a post calling it luxuriously simple or something along those lines.

An exercise for myself, here's a list of clothing types that are "me":
  • around the knee length pencil skirts
  • stripe tops
  • silk shirts
  • backless dresses
  • dresses with clinched waist
  • black ankle boots
  • variety of coats
In other news, I notice myself with these changes:
  • wearing cardigans less
  • preferring long sleeve tops more
  • liking midi length skirts
  • warming up to non-skinny pants
  • needing a couple of fitted tops to balance more voluminous bottoms
  • being drawn to lilac, blush pink, orange-y red in addition to my usual colours of neutrals, blues and greens
  • considering wear more jewelry daily
I wonder how much I actually care about sustainably and/or ethically produced clothing. I lean more towards consuming less rather than supporting the sustainable/ethical brand when I do shop. There's obviously the excuse of many of these brands are online-only and shipping / returns to Canada is often pricy, but like this is a case of when throwing money at a problem is probably a solution. I say probably because no one has ever post studies or even less reliable information on how the environmental impact (and social impact too, since shipping / warehousing employees rarely get good treatment) of ordering and returning compare to buying less of conventional stuff. 
But gosh I still really want to fly to London and order bespoke clothing, carbon emissions be damned ;_; For now I'll stick with buying less, since the money saved will be going towards those bespoke orders. 

No comments: