06 December 2018

kao

Back from my latest trip back to Chengdu, hurray for another month of rest before I pack up my life again ;o;

I stuck with the purpose of visiting family and stayed in the city the whole time. This always means that I literally turned on my camera twice, but all the photos that made it on the internet are from my phone. As usual, food & their commentary are over on facebook.

Otherwise my trip consists mostly of telling the same life updates to everyone that I meet; thinking, or rather being confused, about what family means to me; hearing stories of student life with some mixture of horror and amazement; being reminded, often with irritation, of the cultural differences; reeeeaallly annoyed by the cigarette smoke everywhere but especially indoors (except for malls, I don't recall anyone smoking inside malls); and feeling pretty cold until aircon was installed.

Hurray for central air conditioning, better air quality, and a more sane education system here.
Boo for insane cellular plan costs.

No comments: