19 October 2018

stem

Well, its bound to happen. After cooking for all these times, my first serious kitchen injury: chopped ⅓ of my nail & some skin off my left ring finger. Fucking squash "orz

Surprisingly it didn't hurt for the first 30s or so, was fine enough to toss the offending piece of squash and my cut-off nail into the compost before body started feeling shock. Very light-headed, both hands were numb, and body temperature increased. There was a lot of blood. But what actually hurts the most is when the disinfectant was applied, that really hurts ;_;

Unfortunately the first set of gauze that was applied stuck to the wound surface, so ripping that off couple of hours later caused a lot of bleeding again "orz And then some more bleeding throughout the night, surprised that the blood haven't clotted by now. Overall a lot of blood "orz

Lesson learned is to buy non-stick dressing. And will be stocking a first aid kit wherever I live.

No comments: