06 January 2018

skincare routine: winter '18

Been two years since I last posted a routine? Well it's because it didn't change much, aside from being pared down due to re-locating to UK:


Cleansing items are still the same: Kose cleansing oil and Had Labo foaming cleanser. I might try the Muji sensitive skin cleansing oil, could be worth to switch if the price & performance is about the same so I can avoid ordering online.

Actives is reduced to the Mizon AHA, but I'd like to try Stratia's soft touch AHA after finishing this bottle. I'm also interested in trying Stratia's liquid gold once I'm back in Canada's bone-dry winter. I was going to pick up The Ordinary's 7% gylcolic acid toning solution but am not happy at the thought of needing to use cotton pads. Although they are coming out the a 10% mandelic solution, which I will get once I'm back because a) I loved Dr. Wu's mandelic acid and b) I have a stash of nice Muji cotton pads back home.

Main routine is still the Hada Labo duo, I doubt I'll ever part with these two bottles. The Scinic snail serum is also nothing new, but will switch back to Cosrx once it's done simply because it's easier to dispense the product.

I picked up the two The Ordinary products while in London since I ran out of rosehip seed oil and didn't want to order a bottle on Amazon because I don't have Prime. It's mildly infuriating that the dropper bottle for the rosehip seed oil drips. During my evening routine, I'll mix 2 drops of the rosehip seed oil into the toner and 3 drops of the niacinamide into the snail serum. I was initially put off buying the niacinamide because I read a lot of reviews complaining of a sticky texture, however I haven't experience any of that. In fact it absorbs quite fast into my skin. Hopefully I'll see some improvements in my skin brightness by the end of the bottle Though admittedly it's already got a nice glow after morning routine + laneige bb cushion.

Although my IUD has pretty much stopped any hormonal acne from occurring, I still use a combination of the Cosrx A-Sol and LJH tea tree serum to combat the occasional pimple. Together they are quite effective at reducing the inflammation.

Lastly, my favourite sunscreen so far: Sunkiller perfect water essence. Non-greasy but still light feeling and quick to absorb! Not expensive either!

No comments: