08 June 2023

crystal tower - 2

Previous progress.

Done the distant mountains! I was initially conflicted about the running stitch pattern for the mountains, but it looks better once its complete. I do want something lowkey as to not distract from the more important elements in this scene.

I was also working on the bridge in the foreground, and never expected it would be the thing to give me trouble (am still too scared to start all the french knotting for my trees). Tried 6 strand which was too thick, then 3 strand which is a good size but my stitches were way too lopsided, and then when the prespective was finally correct (after doing the guidelines visible in the photo above), I felt that each stitch was too loose and that I should probably break the width into 2 stitches. So everything got ripped out 4 times "orz

No comments: