12 January 2022

swirl

Thanks to another year with the looming presence of the pandemic, this will be a quick reflection. I am actually writing this on NYE (with a surprisingly long login queue!) despite this being published later. 

Easy things first.

I bought a total of one clothing piece this year and its the fabulous La Robe Bahia dress in lilac. Does it have an atrocious cost-per-wear, yes. Do I regret buying it, not at all. 

I read 11 books this year, very off the mark from my goal of 35 but FF14 is entirely to blame for that. The books are:

  1. The Death of Ivan Ilych and Other Stories
  2. The Undocumented Americans
  3. Department of Speculation
  4. Strange Weather in Tokyo
  5. Zobra the Greek
  6. Braiding Sweetgrass
  7. Eastern Wisdom, Modern Life
  8. Perilous Bounty
  9. Dressed
  10. Demian
  11. The Haunting of Hill House
Yes there is a horror (I'd say its actually more psychological than horror) novel, I somehow agreed to a friend's recommendation, it was not as bad as I thought and actually enjoyed the writing a good bit. 

Otherwise, work has felt stable. There were a few months where things were difficult and I felt dangerously close to burned out but am feeling better now. A small promotion and raise at the end of the year felt respectable. Will need to suck it up and submit my experience form for licensure next year, ugh. 

I made a decent effort to catch up with friends at some point in the year, it is a bloody pain to commute into the city though. Next year will definitely involve moving back out, the awful process of finding a reasonable place to rent be damned. 

With that said, I have shamelessly stolen my theme for 2022 from said friend who recommended the horror novel. It shall be playfulness.

No comments: