14 July 2021

soft

It's been a very long time since I posted about a tea. Mostly because I've not bought any new tea in a while, but alas being stuck at home for so long as resulted in finally finishing my stash (aside from pu er that I hope to leave alone for at least another decade). I ended up making an oolong order from Floating Leaves Tea since they recently started offering worldwide shipping, and summer is prime time for taiwanese oolongs. 

I tried the farmer's choice baozhong first, which is probably the tea I'll like the least out of the 3 I ordered but it's been hot and humid recently and the greenest oolong is the best for such weather. Despite setting a low expectation, I quite like this and will probably continue to order a small size pack of this every year. Mostly because the dry leaves smell like corn ice cream, really. Secondly because the body is nice and thick and lasts for an astonishing (for such a green oolong) number of steeps. It's definitely a good tea to drink during the workday. 

No comments: