04 January 2021

jade

My goal of looking at a screen less is not off to a good start 😅

What happened is: 
  1. The scanlator team for my favourite manhua (Spirit Blade Mountain) was promoting a mobile game on their credits page. Since I'm a leeches, I thought I'd at least check out the game to support the scanlator and hopefully they'll release faster.
  2. The game is an idle / gacha with xian xia theme (Immortal Toaist). It's pretty fun even as f2p, although I have spent like $10 cumulatively already opps. I find that games by asian companies tend to have a large number of components, to the point that its overwhelming to a new player. I even joined Discord just to access the guides. 
  3. One day in the game chat, people were recommending web novels. This one series (Overgeared) elicited very strong responses from a couple of people so I felt obligated to find out why. It's 1200 chapters and I'm a little over 10% through. The MC is really insufferable at the beginning, and I'm finally at the chapters where he starts to genuinely grow as a person.

No comments: