14 August 2020

choux

 My goal is to be proficient at making cream puffs before the end of the month. 

I thought my first attempt had gone really, really wrong when I was piping the dough onto the baking sheet. The dough was extremely wet and could not hold it's shape well. But alas they did spring up in the oven and ended with nice crumb.

I do still think the dough was too wet, it's hard when recipes can't provide an easy description for water content, unlike temperature. Not sure how I'm going to make sure the next iteration is less wet since the dough looks pretty much the same...and by the time I would realize it's too wet it's already too late. I also do hope that a drier dough will result in a taller shape. 

The filling this time was just whipped cream, which also isn't ideal. It squishes out too easily when biting into the puff. Think I'll go with creme diplomat for next time. 

No comments: