20 July 2020

spread

Made some pizza yesterday per Kenji's Sicilian Pizza recipe:


Overall quite yummy, but the bottom of the crust did not crisp as much as I would've liked. Should've added the full ¼ cup of oil (I probably added about half of that), and not use a sheet of parchment paper in between. I was also concerned about leaving the dough out in room temp for 24 hours, thinking it would over ferment as my room temperature is on the high side during the summer. But it turned out fine, there was decent oven spring and crumb was good, some large air bubbles remained even though I wasn't delicately stretching the dough to fit. 

...

I've made even more tofu dishes from Woks of Life, all turned out great: home-style tofu and vegan 1-2-3-4-5 (would reduce the sugar by 1 tbsp tho). If it was up to me, my meals would be roughly 75% plant based protein. 

No comments: