30 December 2019

coil

It’s been a while since I posted about a tea. I’ve mostly been drinking quasi-gongfu style at work, brewing out of a tall glass bottle. For that style, I prefer ripe puer and cheap yancha in cold weather, and lighter oolongs or white tea in warm weather. This means that my stash of raw puer is pretty much never touched.

However, since I was at my parents house during the holidays where my clay pots are, I dug out an old (opened) sample of a YS bingdao. Since the sample was open, and have been sitting there for years, I had low expectations for the tea and threw the wrapper away before even looking at the year. That was a mistake since this tea is really good.


The first day I brewed very lightly, and was unimpressed. The second day, being left with a big chunk of tea that’s not big enough to further split into two servings, I brewed heavily and was rewarded with really nice 回甜 (not sure if I chose the right first character 😅, it’s the returning sweetness after you swallow the tea). Since I used so much leaf, the tea lasted until the third day, and had a predominating dried fruit flavour. There also wasn’t much bitterness during the second day, although it left an astringent feeling in your mouth along with the sweetness.

No comments: