11 April 2024

peel

Hair is one area of my appearance that's had minimal continuous improvement, mostly because I don't want to throw additional time / effort into my daily routine for it. I've not changed anything aside from adding in a hyaluronic acid serum for my scalp (drastically reduced flakes) and changing up my washing & drying routine (drying before applying conditioner and letting hair air dry before applying oil then heat drying). 

But now I'm forced to change since my favourite shampoo (and its corresponding conditioner) has been discontinued by Aveda. Contrary to my expectations, my current litres still haven't ran out and I continue to dread the day that it finally does. Unfortunately the new product line that directly replaced this one doesn't give my hair the same experience / effect. So I've been looking for:

  • Has litre size or refill packs
  • Shampoo won't leave my hair feeling crunchy 
  • Preferably herbal smell 
  • Preferably locally available 
Surprisingly the first criteria eliminates like 90% of all choices. I do see other categories of cosmetics adding more and more refillable packaging, hopefully this hits mainstream sooner. But the remaining 10% are generally the more expensive options, and so I've spent about $100 on 3 sets of samples which is ouch. Will report back maybe at the end of the year and see if I found a new favourite.

No comments: