27 December 2022

2022 clothes

I've not been able to gather sufficient motivation to write a quantitative summary for my clothing wears this year, so here is at least a qualitative one.

Very good buys in 2022:

  • Patagonia fanny pack - perfect for the lack of pockets in the summer
  • Coperni extension skirt - the perfect black mini skirt period.
  • Uniqlo U heat tech mockneck - an excellent combination of words, would get in more colors
  • Faris silver duet ring - default silver ring set, t'was expensive but the cost per wear should be palatable if I actually tracked jewelry stats too
  • sunflower woven bucket hat - the best impulse purchase this year, many compliments and rightly so
  • Patagonia fitz roy down jacket - I didn't realize how convenient a short down jacket is
Old MVPs:
  • Uniqlo black jeans - the basic skinny jeans with some stretch, been eying different jean cuts but can I really get away from this?
  • JNBY wool pants - I am sooo appreciating the elastic waist and looser legs. Why did I not buy a second pair? Kinda sucks that the ankle opening is small enough and positioned so that it doesn't work with most of my boots :(
  • Adidas Stan Smiths - essentially the same comment as the Uniqlo jeans. But I did finally break in my CPs this year, can wear it out for an entire day now without it breaking the skin at the back of my ankle
  • Everlane loafers - again the same comment as Uniqlo jeans, but at least I'm gonna try to find better loafers
  • Skye crisp blue dress - a surprising one, but the fabric feels great when its hot and humid out and the cut is very adjustable depending on how I tie the waist
I did not abide by the # of new pieces rule (14/8), or a even ratio of small/local/sustainable brands vs others. Honestly a lot of the things I bought was stress/depression shopping, but its good enough that I can still get that dopamine hit and like the pieces after. 

The biggest change this year is the...shedding the concept of dressing to fit in (I suppose as a young adult / office worker) and moving towards dressing what I feel like, which is taking several directions. Simultaneously interested in looser/oversized silhouettes and tighter/strappier items. While I think wardrobe cohesion is overrated, having distinct styles does mean a larger wardrobe and higher expenditure which is the real problem LOL. 

Some things I would like to pick up:
  • a baseball cap or two
  • the thick soled C&J loafers I've been eying ever since they got released
  • slouchy double breasted coat...like the Max Mara madame coat but ouch the price tag
  • Uniqlo U airism tees once the colour I want is back in stock and is on sale

No comments: