30 November 2022

hoof

It has been a long time since I thought of "end game" pieces for a category of clothing. Like everything else, I can blame the lockdown for like 60% of my pieces being unworn for a few years. Plus the change in my aesthetic preferences afterwards. But for boots, my one true love, I think I have a new line up to present:

  • Crocket & Jones Grace boots
  • Crocket & Jones Holly boots, because yes, I have finally accepted the fact that I cannot get Zonkeys. Will be forever salty about this fact but it's not gonna prevent me from getting a pair of jodphurs anymore. To be purchased whenever I go to the UK next. 
  • Chunky soled chelsea boots, the BV ones look great, but I cannot stomach its price tag. There's also massive amounts of very-similar-but-the-subtle-differences-(namely the toe shape)-bother-me-a-ton options out there. Like I just want a mid-end option, like C&J, that's not luxury level mark-up but also not fast fashion quality.  Was very sad when Doc Martens didn't work for me, I seem to be in between sizes and cannot get use to their extra padding at the ball of the feet. 
  • Maison Margiela Tabi boots, hnnnng. When my Hope Mac boots die these will take their place.
  • Stuart Weitzman Sindy suede thigh high boots
  • Stuart Weitzman Loonie suede sock boots
  • Obligatory snow boots, I don't see my LL Bean ones ever dying on me. 
In other news, I'm also accepting that my Acne Jensens are too small (really my Charlotte Olympia kitty flats are too but at least that's suppose to be worn bare feet), and listed it for re-sale. Hopefully someone bites. Note to self, do not buy 35s even if that is a snug fit. Still hoping my CPs will stretch a bit more, I'm less hesitant to wear them out all day now. 

Loafers wise...I will most likely be happy with Crocket & Jones Julia fringe with vibram sole and Boudain & Lange string loader in black napa. 

No comments: