25 July 2022

point

Stress shopping is so real but at least I make good purchases? Finally got Coperni's extension skirt this time around, on a slight sale too but still a lot to spend on a skirt. But at least I get beautifully finished seams! I admired the seams for a good bit. 


This is replacing my black pleated skirt, which I liked for the school-girl look but something about quarantine ending (and other life events that transpired in the first half of this year) is changing my preferences for clothes. For one I feel older, and that's translating to less interest in "cute" vibes. For another I feel more comfortable in my body, and that's translating into desiring more unique pieces and less concern about cohesion. And perhaps the biggest change is no longer going into the office, so my previous self-imposed constraint of clothes being appropriate for both work & time off is gone. Most of my primarily office clothes was also bought when I had less money, so quality is pretty meh (eg. Everlane silk blouse) and after years of wear does not inspire much desire. All this is to say exciting and expensive changes to the closet!

No comments: