22 December 2020

2021 clothes r1

 r0 / plan from beginning of year / covid sale check-in

Since I already set the theme for 2021, this will be a short check-in of everything I purchased in 2020 and comparison of the results against my plan from the start of the year. I have no wear count to update because switching phones made my lose the little data I had from barely getting dressed during covid. 

  1. Abercrombie & Fitch lace dress - $52.83
  2. Burberry two-tone trench - $1717.60
  3. Sandro lace shift dress - $218.40
  4. Frank&Oak wide legged pants - $76.35
  5. Proenza Schouler PS11 chain bag - $545.30
  6. Stuart Weitzman  lonnie boot - $484.87 
  7. Babaton leather wrap skirt - $105.74
  8. Vickyoung pleated pants*
  9. HM x Giuliva pleated pants - $49.94
  10. PH5 knit skirt - $220.50
  11. Rebecca Vallance silk backless dress - $283.27
  12. HM cotton backless dress - $39.99
  13. Skye band collar dress*
*from Taoabao, waiting for me when I can make it back to China
**overflow from last year

Total: $3794.79 (guess this is where all the wfh savings went)

So I'm obviously over the 8 item limit that I set for myself, which really is ok but I can justify it as I decluttered several pieces of clothing when I moved. But the question I'm really asking is what is the point of setting a purchase limit? Is it because I want to spend less money? Not grow my closet? I don't actually know how useful it is to stick to a hard limit, but I will continue to choose a number as a guiding post. So let's try 8 pieces again for 2021.

I am pretty consistent in the styles that I buy, I guess I've settled into the elusive ~personal style~. Most of the items are also what I planned to buy, although the list of planned purchases at the beginning of the year is almost entirely irrelevant (aside from a different pair of Maguire loafers that I'd like).

No comments: