09 October 2020

encompass

It's such a first world problem to have trouble selecting an item for purchase in the near future. With lots of sales coming the next couple of month, I have an exceedingly short list of things clothing/accessory to buy (thankfully I'm not in the mood for more household items, tea, or photography gear). Perhaps it's a good thing that the list is short, but it sure isn't because I'm not tempted to buy, or have become any less of a materialist, or even for the lack of browsing. It's really that almost nothing fits my broad criteria of:

  • affordable
  • interesting design
  • makes somewhat of an effort to be sustainable both (but at this point it's more like either) environmentally or socially
  • does not have exorbitant shipping fee to Canada (and the high likelihood to be hit with duty). 
Coupled with the fact that I plan to be at home for the foreseeable future, it's really hard to justify buying anything. 

But today I found a jewelry brand that excites me! And it's a freakin miracle that they make interesting ear cuffs. Honestly I admire earring designs the most out of all the types of jewelry but have no desire to get piercings. Michi Liang is a Taiwanese-Canadian jewelry designer, her focus is on modern designs featuring pearls (I am ready for pearls to be trendy forever). 
  1. Anya earrings
  2. Odette ear cuffs
  3. Odele bracelet
  4. Violeta bracelet 
(I lucked out that the model photo is the color way I intend to get)

In other news, I am moving a set amount of money every month into an account set aside for buying my Grail jewelry. It will be a while. 

No comments: