22 February 2024

buzz

 Insights from being sick for 2 weeks:

  • I swear being very angry over the compensation presentation was the primary reason why I got worse mid-last week.
  • Real interesting that my symptoms began to alleviate as soon as the stress of having to get better for my work trip ended. I was not well enough to go and it took Kimani hearing how awful I sounded to overturn my decision to go. Did I know I was foolish to press on, yes because I mostly wanted the loyalty points but also it feels bad letting coworkers down. 
  • Caffeine is the most miracle of drugs. I went from drifting off on the sofa at 7pm and going to sleep at 8 or 9pm (after waking up at 11am) to being nicely awake typing this at 10pm. 
Meanwhile I finished reading Babel (rough read) and started reading Guts (bowel movement is actually quite fascinating).

No comments: